In our business, we meet lots of people with mobility issues who are afraid to exercise, which is a huge shame as we all know the amazing health benefits of staying active. We have some great news for you though – whether you are recovering from an injury, living with a chronic condition that has affected your mobility, or are worried about the health of an elderly relative, there are mobility aids available, such as walk in tubs, that can help to keep you and your loved ones active, healthy and, most importantly, safe.
The health benefits of walk-in tubs
Everyone knows that hydrotherapy (or warm water therapy) has been around for thousands of years, but did you know that it can be incredibly beneficial for people suffering from conditions such as arthritis and other mobility issues? That’s why it’s so great that you can now enjoy spa-like hydrotherapy sessions in your own home by simply installing a walk-in tub.
The health benefits of bathing in warm water cannot be emphasized enough and with an easy access walk-in tub, you can take a rejuvenating bath whenever you want. Walk-in tubs offer so many benefits for people with mobility issues and here are just a few of them:
- Safety: Unlike traditional bathtubs, the sides of walk-in tubs are higher and they also have a door, which means that you can get in and out of the bath safely and securely.
- Depth: Walk-in tubs are much deeper than conventional bathtubs and the warmth of the water relaxes tired joints and muscles. Taking a regular soak will bring untold benefits to those suffering from conditions like arthritis.
- Cardiovascular Benefits: According to a report from the world-renowned Mayo Clinic, bathing in a warm bath can actually have an effect on your cardiovascular too by increasing the heart rate and lowering the blood pressure – mimicking the effect of exercise on the body.
- Blood Sugar Levels: A warm bath can also help diabetes sufferers by reducing blood sugar levels.
- Pain Relief: Many walk-in tubs have therapeutic water jets that effectively target areas of pain and stiffness to relieve discomfort and reduce stress.
- Ease of Movement: The deep warm water will keep your body buoyant and relieve stress on your joints, allowing you to move easily.
Would a walk-in tub make a difference to your life or that of a loved one? Come down to the Western Stairlifts showroom to take a look at our top-of-the-line, made in the U.S.A. Bliss walk-in tubs or call us on 801-368-2408 for more information.